Wednesday 27 June 2012

Quotes from 'Aleph'


And this good quote is from Paulo Coelho's book called 'Aleph'. I've never read this book though I heard about it when it was first launched in the market. It is said that this book is like 'The Alchemist' in which the main character seeks a path of spiritual renewal and growth and decides to travel to discover himself. Ah! I think I'd better buy another of his book soon although I have load of books lined up!

Also, I found some interesting quotes from this book:

"To live is to experience things, not sit around pondering the meaning of life."

"Travel is never a matter of money but of courage."

"I remember the many occasions on which help has come from precisely those people whom I though had nothing to add to my life."

"When faced by any loss, there's no point in trying to recover what has been; it's best to take advantage of the large space that opens up before us and fill it with something new."

"No life is complete without a touch of madness..." 




* Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, with many mystical meanings.





“I free myself from hatred 

through forgiveness and love. 
I understand that suffering, 
when it cannot be avoided
is here to help me on my way to glory.


I understand that 
everything is connected, 
that all roads meet, 
and that all rivers flow into the same sea.”



No comments:

Post a Comment